Saturday, October 3, 2009

Blast from the Past - Halloween!




Some people love Halloween, some hate it. I, for one, cannot get enough of it! Every year, I make an effort to dress up. Please note I was a teenager in some of these pics haha so don't mind the scandalousness/ridiculousness! Oh those shortshorts and crop top days! ...Wait a minute, Halloween is all about being ridiculous!

Last year, J and I... along with our dog decided to go as a Bee family. That honey pot is a purse! Paris Hilton, I think I might have actually liked her at that point of my life... I know, I know.. but come on I was young! The Miss congeniality one was the year the movie came out, I decided to make a pink tube dress and do the whole under cover cop thing. My favorite has to be the Dora the explorer one from 3 years ago, hands down. Some of my friends used to joke around and say that I look like Dora.. especially my baby pictures (the bowl cut and I used to lug a stuffed animal monkey around). So I thought I would let my inner-Dora come alive! This was also one of the easiest costumes - the shirt and shorts are from American Apparel (where else can you get a shirt in each color of the rainbow?), the backpack's from a kids store, wig from Ebay, and DIY socks and bracelet.

I can't wait to dress up as Lady Gaga this weekend... it will be epic! I opted for super-recognizable rather than a crazy/fancy dress.. which means I might look like a fool. You can be the judge of that after this weekend :)