Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Pull Yourself Up By Your Boot Straps

I own a pair of 2 year old Seychelles boots. They're absolutely brilliant in the sense of comfort, practicality and style. I'm so attached that I refuse to believe that the sole is slowly wearing away, that there is hardly any grip left, or that the zipper is removing itself from the actual boot.

But in these harsh winter months (HELLO, yesterday was frigid!) we need to make sure our feet are warm and that we don't slip (that is, if you are fortunate enough to live in a place with the joys of black ice, hail and snow... If not, I apologise for my not-applicable-to-life post).

Here are some boots that I found, sadly prices are much too high for my liking - then again, investing in a good pair of hardy boots is a good idea. Forget the heels and give me those rubber soles, please! Buckles are great on boots, they give them some character and add a little something to your outfit. &those Tory Burch boots with the bi-colour leather, how excellent.

I like to have boots that have zippers up the leg, they are more shapely and much easier to put on, especially when you want to tuck in your trousers.

And for all our sakes. Please DO NOT wear these, I beg you.

Image Source: Seychelles, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom