Thursday, June 10, 2010

heels to perfection

a sexy leg & a killer heels

One of the many unfair truths of life is that you always want what you can’t have. Children can’t wait for the freedom of adulthood, while adults miss their carefree childhood days. Single girls dream about their wedding day, while married women envy the unlimited choices of being single. Blondes long for a stereotype-free life as a brunette, while dark-haired girls wonder if blondes really do have more fun. Skinny girls want to have a little curve, while curvy girls want to be skinnier. Skin tone can be a problem too, pale girls desperately want a tanned exotic skin by lying in tan bed & sun tan for hours, contrary to girls who have darker skin want to be pale & whiter by all means.

As a petite 5'4" girl, I have always wanted to be taller. My ultimate envious goes to girls who have long legs. Oh how I wish I have those beautiful, long, and sexy Cameron Diaz legs, I wouldn't waste my money to buy a sky-scrapper heels.
But the bad news is that I, and many other petite women, sacrifice much more than comfort to gain our inches. According to health professionals, high heels can cause the following problems:

  • Blisters, corns or calluses can develop when high heels throw weight into the ball of your foot.
  • Lower back pain can result when your spine bends backwards to compensate the forward push of your body when you walk in heels.
  • Pain in the ball of your foot, a condition called metatarsalgia, can stem from high heels.
  • Ankle sprains are more likely because your foot position in heels and the often-narrow heel width can make ankles unstable.
  • Achilles tendonitis is a risk. Frequent wearing of heels shortens and tightens calf muscles. This can lead to painful inflammation of the Achilles tendon at the back of your heel.
  • Benign tumors of nerves, called neuromas, can grow between toes. Symptoms may include sharp pain and tingling or numbness of the toes.
  • "Pump bump," or Hagland's deformity, has been linked to women who often wear high heels. This painful bump on the back of the heel bone occurs when the bone rubs against the shoe or a narrow, pointed shoe makes toes curl up.
Fortunately, there are other ways to make that extra inch a little bit comfortable. Yeap, by wearing wedges instead of stilletos. I'm not a huge fan of wedges, but I think I'll reconsider to slip on a pair or two of those in my shoes collection. And you know what? I never buy flat shoes, except when I was still a college student, cos it would be too much if I rock my heels on campus!
Even the Tory Burch's flat is undesirable (for me). I think all dresses look great on taller women, but remember: if everyone wants what they can't have, those naturally tall girls just might want to be you

Anyhow, I always dream to rock a Louboutin or Manolo on my special day (pictures above), instead of that wedges dull shoes :p

the red sole makes me have a shoegasm!

Manolo Blahnik always combines pretty & comfortable

PS: my dream wedding shoes is HERE!