Wednesday, September 23, 2009

London fashion week: Burberry Prorsum

Christopher Bailey made me proud of being British. His Spring/Summer 2010 collection was such a magnificent delight of soft dreamy marshmallow pastels, glamour, gorgeousness, youth and freshness that I had an urge of hugging my TV (since I couldn't give a hug to Mr. Bailey himself). The dresses created of draped tulle and silks were a pure temptation, the trench coats with their sculpted draping sleeve details could be worn as an evening dress and the shoes made of draped soft leather caused a craving in me. I adored a beautiful combination of delicate fabrics of the dresses and leather belts that added a modern touch, a touch of chic safari trend, the buttery softness of bags, the amber bracelets, the natural make-up. I loved EVERYTHING.

It was truly the best collection shown this week. I am so glad this time Mr. Bailey decided to show it in England and not Milan or New York. For me, it was a jewel in the crown of British fashion that's been missing for ages.















Images and video via style.com and youtube.com