Thursday, May 8, 2008

thoughts for the day


current mood : silly thing!!

I found this very interesting, so I'll keep it in my blog!

Well.. I went to IP (shopping mall in my home town), with my bf. We had our lunch there. Our eyes were on one child, he's a boy and around 11. He was sitting alone in front of us with his gadgets. (Laptop, high-end cell phone, and mp3 player). He surfed the net by his laptop, but strangely, he seemed to hide his laptop from everyone around him. So he kept it very close to him, and kept the laptop half-closed! He was so busy calling his friends, looked at his watch, and then starting to make a call again, checked out his laptop. Just like a mini-businessman. But I wonder what the hell was behind the laptop? LOL. I couldn't help but laugh. I'm not going to be rude, but I bet everyone would have same thoughts as mine. Maybe he want to hidden something from his laptop? That was very funny, I can't describe it in a word, but it was damn funny.
OMG He was so so so and too too too young to have such gadgets like that.

We have to admit that we need technology (of course!). But it causes pros and cons too. Especially for the case above. We don't know what our little sister or brother see in the net. Everything's possible now. Children can see what they shouldn't see at their age. Sex, races, criminal, etc. for example. Or even they can buy things with their Mom's credit card!

I'm not agree if there's a parent whom given away laptop or let their children to surf the net, or watch TV (just look at how CRAP our local TV show nowadays!). Extreme? No, cos I'm sure children will not miss a thing if they don't watch TV or surf the internet before their time. They should spend more time with reading books, or doing some outdoor activities and sports, also play interactive games in computer.

I really want to apply my "rules" to my little brother. I started to forbid him watch TV show which not suitable for his age, and so on. But unfortunately, my parents are very old-fashioned and still teach children in a wrong way (I think). Including ME! I'm their worst affection. Well, my parents, of course they're the best, they LOVE me but in a WRONG way. I finally realize it. As a child, I don't have a freedom of speech. I have to follow rules of their own, including their non-sense and over the top RULES (Really, I don't want to talk about this shizz).


Anyway, ss the wise man said, child is a gift from God (true), child just like a blank canvas, and it's a parent's duty to draw and color a beautiful "life" there (damn true). Such as behavior, knowledge, skill, ability, etc.

God what was I thinking? Give me a CHILD now! I think I'm ready to be a mother. LOL..

update #1
No, GOD. I'm just kidding! I'm not ready for having a child now. What should I teach them about life, while I don't know what the real meaning of life? Forgive me. Amen

update #2
But God, promise me that someday You will give me a child, when I ready. So can you teach me what the meaning of real life? Please?