Thursday, June 10, 2010

TOWN and The City 2 soundtrack


My highlight music of the week is OST Sex and The City 2. I loved several numbers, like songs performed by Sex and The City Men's Choir, I think they're all performed very beautiful. In movie, they performed at Anthony & Stanford's wedding, which is why make the songs very romantic & special. Like Sunrise, Sunset (the song that parents dedicated for their children who married), Till There Was You - original performed by The Beatles (romantic & to die for wedding song), and If Ever I Would Leave You (call me corny, but actually there's a hidden tears in my eyes while listening to this very romantic track)

Since the movie took place at the Middle East, so there are some Middle East songs too, and surprisingly, I liked it. They're just bring the different vibe on this album. Divas and Dunes, Kidda, Euphrates Dream are some of my fave. Errmm I think the best time to listen to these Middle East songs is at night or in the morning. Just don't listen it over lunch. :p

Last but not least, the classics. Which I love love love the most. True Colors by Cindi Lauper, I am Woman performed by SATC 4 gals (a bit funny cos they actually can't sing, but still good song to listen to), and 2 songs performed by Liza Minelli (a remake Single Ladies and Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye), and of course Alicia Keys' new version of Empire State of Mind (Part II Broken Down) - yes it's such a broken down with only piano and without Jay Z! and Rapture. Oh 1 more song, my personal favorite, Bewitched Bothered and Bewildered by Shayna Steele, Jordan Ballard, Kamilah Marshall. I do miss SATC Theme (you know the opening song at all SATC TV series, actually they have it in the SATC 1 soundtrack, but I think it'd be nice if they put it again here.

All and all, I will rate this CD 4 stars out of 5. Meaning, you have to go to your nearest music store and buy yourself one copy!
Meanwhile, this is one of my fave lyric. Because I am strong, I am invincible, I AM WOMAN :)


I am woman, hear me roar
In numbers too big to ignore
And I know too much to go back an' pretend
'cause I've heard it all before
And I've been down there on the floor
No one's ever gonna keep me down again

Oh yes I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've paid the price
But look how much I gained
If I have to, I can do anything
I am strong (strong)
I am invincible (invincible)
I am woman

I am woman watch me grow
See me standing toe to toe
As I spread my lovin' arms across the land
But I'm still an embryo
With a long long way to go
Until I make my brother understand

Oh yes I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've paid the price
But look how much I gained
If I have to I can face anything
I am strong (strong)
I am invincible (invincible)
I am woman