Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Carrie Diaries

The Carrie Diaries
Last year my sister Imelda gave me "Carrie Diaries" book as my birthday gift. 
It took only few days for me to finished it. But I just realized that I never share it with you guys... 
So here it is a pinch about one of my all time favorite Candace Bushnell's book.

To all Sex and The City, especially Carrie's worshipers out there, this is definitely a must have. Candace Bushnell stay true to herself in this book. I amazed of how well she could write a book about vintage Carrie Bradshaw. Of course she's the one who created her, but to keep it real and interesting with a totally different theme? You're kidding me. This book is too good to be true! Fans will love seeing Carrie Bradshaw evolve from a regular girl into a sharp, insightful writer. Also they will learn about her family background, how she found her writing voice, and the indelible impression her early friendships and relationships left on her. Ever wonder why and how the hell Carrie move to New York?

You'll be curious to flip the book over and over again till finish. I even carried it everywhere cos it's so addictive. I could not wait any longer for the ending. And when I reached the ending, it was like, "BAM!" Shit. How did it end like that? It only makes me wanted for more. Grrr... I hope Bushnell will make the sequel of the book, or even put it in a movie? Who knows.. But I can't imagine which actress who can play young Carrie Bradshaw better than Sarah Jessica Parker herself. 
Well.... I don't wanna tell you too much cos you have to read the book. Go buy and read it! 

-------

And speaking about high school.. 
When I showered this morning, there's a thought crossed in mind about high school drama. You know, there's always "the" A-List girls in school. Girls that seem have everything. Fame and fortune. Money, hot body, smart, pretty face, fabulous friends, and hot guy around them. We (I mean me) couldn't help but wonder, how lucky they were... Invited to every party, all people known them.... etc etc

Let's fast forward to seven years later..... Woooosssshhhhhh..... 

Where the hot girls are now? Yup. Almost everyone who made it to the A-list then, now becoming a housewife. No pun intended. I don't know what's gotten into them when they decided to get married. It's not like I "defy gravity" and marriage is a bad thing, but I honestly think that they could have been so much better. 
Once again, I didn't mean to be judgmental. Well.... that's only my two cents.

Oh! I forget to attach one of my favorite quote on Carrie Diaries.
"Oh, I don't plan to get married. 
Marriage is a legalized form of prostitution"

How could you not die laughing? ROTFL