Thursday, December 23, 2010

addio 2010...

Twelve months have passed since we kissed 2009 goodbye.. And welcomed 2010. At the turn of that year, we never know what was coming..
Each and every single day of 2010 tell a different story and left a different memory. Some good and some not too good. The almost 365 days journey bring me to a new place and dare I say, a whole new "me". 


The year 2010 have been a wonderful year, yet a learning year for me. As time has been a very tremendous teacher, yet a great punisher. It took me to a lot new places, whether outside and INSIDE of me that I never thought of. I've learned a lot this year. A lot more than the previous year. Let me review best moment of 2010.... 


Gennaio

  • Just read my 2010 resolution and couldn't help myself but laugh. It's sooooo friggin funny and even there are several points that came true this year. But too bad I haven't had a chance to take short courses, like make up course, and learn French and Chinese language :( In fact, I was busy learning Italian (did you notice that my posts often come up with Italian phrase? Even I named this post in Italian. LOL)
  • Arlin's Sweet 17th birthday party. The party went good, but the drama behind the scene, was too good to be missed and impossible to forget. We were literally smiling (and) crying on that night. I hope my sister learned from her bad experience...
Febbraio
  • Dieter's birthday. I ordered a customize cake for Dieter on his birthday. It was a cake with Valentino Rossi in it, completed with his bike and all the decorations. I left a short message written, "Happy birthday Dieter. See you at Sepang". Be careful of what you wish for cos you just might get. And yet we finally made it to Sepang
  • First mother - daughter trip :) We're going to Singapore, had a little shopping and culinary trip there. It was a short, fun, and memorable trip!
Marcia
  • 7th year anniversary. Just wow. Never thought we would make it this far. We've gone way too far from what I expected at the first time I met him eight years ago. Try us! We've been there, done that.  Zip your lips, haters! In fact, we're still going strong and prepare to celebrate our 8th years on next March. Ti amo... D.
Aprile
  • I was busy preparing my essay and photo due to Me and My City Contest! I was so excited at the moment cos I always be a huge fan of Sex and The City. And the contest's winners will fly to New York to attend SATC2 premiere! I was like, shoot me! I'd do anything to win this contest.
Maggio
  • Guy from HP called me when I was half naked (cos I just done showered), and he said that I was the WINNER of Me and My City Contest. I jumped and screamed and jumped and screamed. I immediately called Dieter and he was like, muting. Dead silence. He even hang up on me and called a second later and asked, "are you crazy or something?". I said, "hell yeah, we're going to New York!"
  • We're beyond ecstatic and we started to prepare everything. But unfortunately, our visa was rejected. I was fall apart, couldn't stop crying for awhile and even couldn't watch either Sex and The City or E! News that broadcasting live report from NYC premiere (red carpet moment). Cos I HAD to be there! But finally I could accept all this and move on with my life. You guys..... Call me nuts or something, but how can you cope with the situation where you can go to NEW YORK CITY for free and you unable to go because some stupid issue! That's why I wrote this. Cos I was so so so upset :(
  • Daisy and Alvin wedding party was held in Bali. My friends and I had soooo much fun there, actually too much fun. As always, the drama always follows everywhere I go. Am I the drama queen or something? I'd love to make peace y'all! Anyway, the wedding party was wonderful... Moreover the "crazy" after party till we all passed out! You guys pulled out a fabulous party. And Bali, has always been a sin city. *evil grin
Giugno
  • The season of World Cup has started and the fever already everywhere. The fever was OK, Shakira's waka waka is awesome too! But am I the only one who doesn't like gamble
Luglio
  • Just in time for... my birthday :) I had one of the most memorable birthday this year. I was so thankful cos I've surrounded with all loving people and I could celebrate it in a decent, modest way. I did a lot introspection and there were so many thoughts and questions mark left in my mind. But overall, I was happy :)
Agosto
  • Once again, I've won a contest. This time, the contest held by CLEO magazine. I was shocked cos I thought I wouldn't make it. It's like a dream come true... I've been dreaming of those pair of designer shoes for my whole life. And right now, they're daintily sitting in my shoe-closet :) The rule applied again: Be careful of what you wished for cos you just might get... I'm a lucky star ^^
Settembre
  • My cute nephew, Lionel Joaquin was born to this world on September 10th. We were anxiously waiting outside the operation room and suddenly, the nurse came out and she brought the baby!! OMG he was so tiny, cute, and handsome. We wondered, whose face was this? My brother was in tears when he held his baby for the first time. We swept off by the whole situation and in so much joy. Welcome to the world! XOX
  • Got featured in CLEO Magazine cos I won the contest they held last month! I haven't get a chance to scan the page... Too bad :( But I'll surely post it later.
Ottobre
  • I got Italian fever right away after I back from Sepang, Malaysia. I watched motoGP LIVE from the circuit for the first time with couple of friends and Dieter. I was so lucky to have this photo with Valentino Rossi, an idol and a living legend in motoGP world. I couldn't forget his warmth sight... I'm soooo coming back next year!! PS: Dieter and I surprisingly got featured in Valentino Rossi official website! Separately! That was so strange. You can go there and have a look! Go to season 2010 - Malaysia (Sepang). And there we are.... Tada!
Novembre

  • not the best moment but, there are so many wedding parties in November-December. It left me sick with those patronize questions about when's my turn. blah.... 
  • successfully managed the best best best moment in my whole 2010, charity for Merapi and Mentawai. I am so proud and grateful that I could do such a little thing to help people in need.. But the sincerity that counts... And I thanked you all for your sincere help and donations. 
  • got a very beautiful gift from my sister Imelda. A mirror. With a lovely card written, "Hope you're not loosing your confidence because you're pretty and priceless. Everytime you look into the mirror, just remember the above sentence". Thank you so much, sister :) It means a lot to me and a little bit more brought back my long-lost confidence in me.. 
Dicembre
  • Am I in heaven or what? Exactly yesterday, I got an email that stated I won a photo contest that held by one of the biggest shopping mall in Jakarta, Pacific Place Mall. The prize is...... SONY digital camera!! I feel like flying :) Thank you so much!! Never thought I'd be the winner.. 
  • Have yourself a merry little Xmas!! May peace and joy be your gift at Christmas and your blessing throughout the year! 
  • NYE is just few sleeps away! Have a fabulous party peeps :)

Good times, bad times, it was the memory that remain still.. Addio 2010.. 
I'm sincerely wishing everyone have a peaceful Xmas and lovely New Year :) Thank you for stick with me and my blog through all the year. Happy holiday!! XOXO