Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fashion Week Special: Chanel



It's no secret around here that I am totally and completely in love with Chanel. My love affair with Coco's eponymous line began as a young girl when I first laid eyes on my mother's black, quilted 2.55 handbag - and with a click of those interlocking C's, I was hooked. From that moment on, Chanel has never failed to inspire and surprise me. And the Spring 2010 collection unveiled by Karl Lagerfeld in Paris yesterday is no exception. Set in the traditional Chanel venue of the Grand Palais, models emerged from a barn and walked through the hay-covered runways clad in tweed jackets and thigh-skimming A-line skirts. Lagerfeld's impeccable attention to detail was apparent in every single ensemble - from the colorful knit flowers strewn across the jackets to the interlocking C-tattoos that graced the legs of the models. At it's best, fashion is a story, a narrative - and no one tells Chanel's story better than Karl Lagerfeld.





























All photos via Style.com